NOTICE ON CORONAVIRUS | Precautionary Measures by UEW
In line with the World Health Organisation (WHO) declaration of the novel Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19) as pandemic, and the call by His Excellency the President of the Republic of Ghana for all citizens to take precautionary measures against the pandemic, the University of Education, Winneba has come out with the following measures:
- All non-academic gatherings such as Awards Nights, Dinners and other outdoor events are hereby suspended.
- All planned academic and non-academic excursions outside the University are suspended.
- All international travels by members of the University community have been put on hold.
- All international events scheduled to be hosted by the University have been put on hold.
- Staff returning from official duties abroad are mandated to report first at the University Hospital for examination before resuming official work. Affected staff should contact the Hospital’s official lines on 0202041150 or 0202041047.
- All offices are to ensure that hand sanitizers are always available at vantage points such as reception areas for use by staff, students and visitors.
- Members of the University community are encouraged to carry and use hand sanitizers at all times.
- We encourage members of the University community to avoid all body contacts including handshakes and hugs.
- We advise members of the University community to remain calm and follow all the precautionary measures as well as other measures publicised by the WHO to help contain the spread of the pandemic.
- A Task Force has been formed to regularly monitor the implementation of the precautionary measures and update Management.
- The University Health Directorate will lead the Task Force in the COVID-19 sensitisation and awareness campaign.
- Staff and students should contact the University Hospital on the telephone numbers indicated above for enquiries and assistance.