6th Biennial Social Science Conference | 2022
The developmental agenda of Africa and for that matter, many African countries date back to the pre-colonial, colonial, independence and post-colonial era. The efforts to achieve rapid growth and development is beset with a number of challenges. Some of these challenges have had minimal effects on the efforts at development while others pose long lasting impediments on the road to development. One of such challenges has been the outbreak of diseases, which graduate through epidemic to pandemics. Since the 14th century when the Black Death Pandemic broke out, the world has experienced a number of disease outbreaks, including Covid-19, which is still ravaging many parts of the world. In the wake of Covid-19, many governments the world over had to rethink their developmental agenda due to the devastating effects associated with this global pandemic. Much as nations are currently dealing with Covid-19, it is also imperative to assess the dynamics of global pandemics in general, from all angles in relation to growth and development of economies with Africa as the reference point. It is in view of this that the 2022 edition of the Social Science Conference want to interrogate the dynamics of global pandemics in relation to development in Africa.
Some of the thematic areas are as follows:
- Historical antecedents of pandemics and development
- The politics of pandemics and economic development
- Social and economic implications of pandemics for Africa’s development
- Global distribution and response to pandemics
- Food security and sustainable development
- Social policy and human security
- Gender and minority issues
- Sex, sexuality and pandemics
- Sustainable energy and social justice
- Labour, youth and employment
- Climate change and related issues
- Peace, justice and human rights
- Cooperation and development
- Health and wellbeing
- Urban development
- Water and sanitation
- Environment and development
- Geospatial dimensions of pandemics and development
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION DETAILS
- Submission date: 25/06/2022
- Not more than 250 words and should include at most 5 keywords.
- Font size of 12, Times New Roman, 1.5 line spacing.
- Should be submitted to: email@example.com
CONFERENCE PARTICIPATION FEE
- Ghanaian participants Ghc100.00
- Ghanaian students Ghc 50.00
- International participants Usd 80.00
- International students Usd 50.00
Registration/Participation fee covers conference materials, snack, lunch, certificate and water.
For enquiries, contact: 0246578857 / 0206154939 / 0244146514