Barclays to offer Scholarship to Brilliant but needy Undergraduate Students
The Barclays Bank, as its Shared Growth Agenda initiative, is offering over seven (7) Scholarships to brilliant but needy students of the University of Education, Winneba. The Scholarship which will be available to level 200 - 400 students will commence from the 2017/2018 Academic Year.
Leading a delegation to announce the bank's intention, Nana Essilfuah Boison, the Director, Marketing and Corporate Relations informed Management of the University of Education, Winneba that, Barclays is introducing the scholarship scheme in addition to its Mentoring support as part of its Shared Growth Agenda initiative. The bank uses the Growth Agenda initiative to leverage its core assets and expertise to the greatest benefit of society. She indicated that, Education and Skill Development forms one of three pillars of the bank's Shared agenda; under which its Readytowork skills training for young persons in tertiary institutions.
The key goals of the scheme she indicated are to:
- support students with funding challenges
- encourage and support students pursuing that are key to government and national development agenda
- to support and deepen relationship with tertiary institutions
Beneficiaries of the Scholarship which is tenable for one academic year will each receive;
- tuition fees
- hostels and academic user facility fees
- all approved fees
- laptop (online once even if successful in re-application in subsequent year)
- feeding allowance for duration of a semester (vacation/holidays excluded)
The Vice-Chancellor of UEW, Prof. Mawutor Avoke, was happy about the gesture of Barclays bank and indicated that, it will go a long way to make life more pleasing to students.