APPOINTMENT OF REGISTRAR
The University of Education, Winneba (UEW) was established by the University of Education, Winneba, Act 2004 (Act 672) on 14th May, 2004. The University is charged with the responsibility of producing professional educators to spearhead a new national vision of education aimed at redirecting Ghana’s effort along the path of rapid economic and social development. UEW is expected to play a leading role in the country’s drive to produce scholars whose knowledge would be fully responsive to the reality and exigencies of contemporary Ghana and the West African Sub-Region.
The Registrar, who is the Chief Administrative Officer, is responsible for the day-to-day administration of the University under the Vice-Chancellor and in accordance with policy directives of the University Council. The Registrar is also the secretary to the University Council and the Academic Board. S/he provides strategic advice and briefings to the Vice-Chancellor and is expected to provide leadership and management across a wide-range of activities.
Applicant must possess:
- a minimum of master’s degree;
- must have not less than Ten (10) years post-qualification working experience in a tertiary institution, Four (4) of which years should be at the rank of Deputy Registrar;
- strong intellect with excellent managerial, communication and interpersonal skills;
- a deep appreciation of the academic (working) environment of the University of Education, Winneba;
- be principled with strong and proven sense of public morality and integrity;
- an understanding of the history and evolution of universities as well as local higher education policy and practice;
- considerable experience in dealing with a wide-range of internal and external publics;
- the requisite appropriate register of university business; and
- must be a member of a recognised relevant professional association.
- legal background will be an added advantage
TERMS OF APPOINTMENT
The appointment is full-time. Successful applicant should be able to serve, at least, four (4) years in office before reaching the compulsory retirement age of sixty (60).
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
Salary and fringe benefits attached to the position are attractive.
MODE OF APPLICATION AND CLOSING DATE
Interested candidates should send ten (10) copies of their application package including the following:
- curriculum vitae with documentation on personal history, academic credentials, and working experience;
- a statement of vision up to five (5) pages in standard font size of 12pt and one-and-half line spacing indicating how they would use their position to advance the vision and mission of the University of Education, Winneba;
- three referee reports to be sent directly to the relevant address below; and
- applicant should ensure that the package reaches the relevant address by the close of official work on 15th September, 2017.
NOTE: Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.